Skip to content

Running To Playing

July 2, 2014

Tuesday: I got up this morning and went to the high school for cross country practice. I ran with the kids again.

Most of the kids ran about 7 miles. I ended up running 8 miles in 56:40.32. I felt good. I ran most the run with one of our female runners. She is a talented runner but doesn’t see it in her. It is something we are working on. 🙂 At home, I ran my 2 older girls to piano/violin lessons. When it was over the girls and I hung out at there place for a while. My girls and Amber’s kids get along great.

This afternoon, the kids played with more friends and neighbors and then this evening I went to YW’s (young women’s). The girls tonight worked on their skits for girls camp… Fun times!

My girls went to a good friend of mine (also my neighbor’s) house while I was at YW’s and Corom was at a meeting.

The girls had a lot of fun over there.

Wednesday: When I woke up this morning to go for my run, I had to stop to take a picture of some sleeping arrangements.

20140702-174039-63639840.jpg My youngest fell asleep in one of her drawers. Talk about uncomfortable! Their dresser broke a few days ago so I took their drawers out and laid them on the floor. Anyway… I met up with Josie, Aubrey and Mac this morning. We ran up Payson canyon… It was a pretty uphill. I ran up 35 minutes and then had to turn around.

The other 3 continued on their way up and I finished running down the canyon on my own. I ran for 53:31.37. It felt good! I made it to cross country practice and we sent them on a 4-7 mile run up a hill that climbed 3 1/2 miles up.

The girls and I went to a neighbor’s house to help make baklava a Greek dessert with some of the young women that go to our church. I love Baklava!

Sara and I (my neighbor) went and grabbed lunch together at a burger place in Stone Drugs pharmacy. It was so good! It was a little section in the pharmacy.

We had a “play day” at my house today… Lots of moms and lots of kids.


My mother-in-law came by later and took the girls for a few hours. She fed them dinner as well and then brought them home just in time for bed (7:30 tonight… They are so tired). Corom works late tonight so it was weird having dinner by myself. I could hear myself chew… I was able to get things done. It is now 8:45 p.m. And I am so tired… I’m going to read for a little bit and then call it a night!

From → Running

One Comment
  1. The sleeping pic is so adorable. I said that out loud and Rock was behind me. He chimed in and said, “Yeah I know I saw that earlier.” I also love the lounging and drinking pic. Who’s the beach model?!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Is it healthful?

Simple & science backed health tips, product & service reviews.

Run Long Run Strong

A journey towards ultra-marathon completion

Chocolate Covered Race Medals

Where I race to the chocolate bar

Running On Healthy

Living Life Healthy, Fit, and Happy

Mother Racer

Mother, Wife, Coach, RACER

Barlow Family

Mother, Wife, Coach, RACER

It's rude to count people as you pass them... out loud