Skip to content

Made It Home…Back To The Norm

November 19, 2014

Tuesday: Well after a long day of traveling home from our trip to Spain & Greece and sad goodbyes to my sisters and my mom…

IMG_5350.JPG… I finally made it home to my family! It was instant chaos and everything back to normal. πŸ™‚ Welcome Home to me! I do think the kids were even more “wild” due to the fact they were not on a schedule for the past 11 days. :/ It was so good to be home but hard at the same time. I was welcomed home by a few homemade things from the girls…

IMG_5396.JPG As soon as I got home, I went to the girl’s school to check them out for the rest of the day. My oldest came walking down the hall and burst into tears. I felt bad because I realized how much they did miss me and that it was too long of a trip for them. I gave her a big hug and said that I missed her so much. She looked at me and said, “why did you check me out of school? We are in the middle of a project and I want to stay here.” So I guess an 11 day trip wasn’t too long after all. πŸ™‚ We had our HS Cross Country banquet tonight. We have amazing kids on the team. The banquet went well. After dinner, we immediately went to the awards, said a little speech and went home.

IMG_5397-0.JPG The one very frustrating thing… I did not get a run in today!!! I am so bummed about that! There was just too much to do when I got back and I felt guilty even thinking of the idea of leaving again. It really mentally throws me off!!!

Wednesday: Talk about mentally being thrown off… I started with a 2 mile (15 min) warmup and then began my 10 x 800’s. The problem with this workout… I was struggling pretty bad with the 1st one!!!
1st: 2:36 finished the mile in 6:12.
2nd: 2:37 mile in 6:06
3rd: 2:38 mile in 6:07
4th: 2:36 mile in 6:09
5th: 2:37 mile in 2:13
6th: 2:38 mile in 2:06
7th: 2:38 mile in 2:09
8th: 2:39 mile I’m 2:06
I actually stopped after the 8th one. I could not do 2 more… My legs were heavy and tight. I don’t know if it was because I was on an airplane or sitting around at the airport all day yesterday, or the elevation or just lack of training for the past 11 days. But I struggled a lot this morning. :/ Oh well… I have 3 1/2 weeks before my big race… There is nothing I can do about it now. At home my day went by fast. I watched 8 extra kids today, a few friends stopped by to hang out, and there was unpacking and cleaning to do. After all this, I had CC practice (while the 2 older girls were in piano lessons).

IMG_5398.JPG It was a busy day today and I was tired all day! After dinner (a lady I just met and her 2 girls ate dinner with us tonight-I will explain tomorrow), homework and the normal nighttime routine… I got ready for bed, obviously did my blog, and went to bed (by 8:15). πŸ™‚ I’m so tired! Good night!

From → Running

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Is it healthful?

Simple & science backed health tips, product & service reviews.

Run Long Run Strong

A journey towards ultra-marathon completion

Chocolate Covered Race Medals

Where I race to the chocolate bar

Running On Healthy

Living Life Healthy, Fit, and Happy

Mother Racer

Mother, Wife, Coach, RACER

Barlow Family

Mother, Wife, Coach, RACER

It's rude to count people as you pass them... out loud